Friday, September 24, 2010

Poetry

Ohh Poetry. So our class was asked to write two original poems and post them on their blogs. We read them in class today (some of us) and I am amazed at the creativity of some of my fellow students. In particular, Megan's poem and Cherie's poems stuck in my mind. Megan's was very deep, had symbolism, alliteration, and other poetic conventions. Cherie's poems were different, but full of raw emotion and shared a lot with the class. I thought that was very brave of her to put herself out there. I think poetry is one of the ways a lot can be said or inferred, and it's very powerful. It is a very strong representation of one's self. There are so many new and exciting ways to express yourself, could they all be considered a kind of poetry?

"If you limit language, you limit self."

No comments:

Post a Comment